Fill the gaps with the correct form of say or tell
1. We ____________ the police everything yesterday.
2. People have been ____________ it's going to be a long winter.
3. Max ____________ , "I've got the job! I ____________ you I would get it!"
4. The doctor ____________ Paula to stay home from work for the next few days.
5. A: "Listen, you can't ____________ anyone. It's a secret. - B: "Oh dear! I've already ____________ my sister!"
6. Did you ____________ something to me, dear?
7. Can you ____________ us the way to the bus station, please?
8. What did Olga ____________ when you ____________ her she had won the competition?
9. They have just ____________ on the news that the airport will be closed for a few hours.
10. Karen's postcard ____________ that she's having a wonderful time in California.
11. I'm convinced David is ____________ the truth.
12. Are you good at ____________ jokes?
More printable grammar tests (General English, Business English)
|CONFUSING VERBS: Say or Tell?|
(Practice verb conjugations)
|FREE RESOURCES FOR THE INTERMEDIATE ENGLISH LEARNER AND UPWARDS
RECURSOS GRATUITOS PARA ESTUDIANTES DE INGLES DE NIVEL INTERMEDIO EN ADELANTE