| DO, MAKE, HAVE, GET
Complete the sentences using the correct form of do, make, have, or get.
1. Does your grandmother __________ short curly hair and glasses?
2. Gemma and Gerald are __________ married this summer.
3. I'm sorry but I couldn't __________ my homework as I didn't __________ time.
4. We left the park as it was starting to __________ dark.
5. The neighbours complained that we were __________ too much noise.
6. A: "We're off to the beach." B: "__________ fun!"
7. We bought a map of the city so that we wouldn't __________ lost.
8. It __________ Charles angry when people say they don't believe in global warming.
9. I didn't know anything about the artist Gustav Klimt so I __________ some research on the internet.
10. Let's __________ a quick swim before lunch, shall we?
1. He doesn't know how to use Powerpoint so he's going to __________ a course.
2. Could I __________ a quick phone call?
3. I'm feeling rather sleepy so I'm going to __________ a little snooze.
4. When I __________ to the station the train had already left.
5. It can __________ very hot in New York in the summer.
6. I couldn't __________ up my mind which film to see. They both looked really good.
7. Although she __________ a lot of mistakes in the exam she still passed.
8. The company is __________ very badly so they will probably have to __________ some people redundant.
9. You'll __________ cold if you don't put on a coat.
10. She wanted to find out more about the film so she __________ a look on the Internet.
Present simple or continuous?
Present perfect or past simple?
More printable grammar exercises (General English, Business English)
Irregular Verb Drills
| Spanish - English
The Definite Article
Basic Question Tags
Verbs + gerund or infinitive (special cases, eg. forget, remember, stop, try, etc)
Linking words (although, even though, etc)
Have Something Done
Make or Do? (1)
Verb + Preposition
Present Perfect or Past Simple
Present Perfect Simple or Continuous
First Conditional, Second Conditional, Third Conditional
Full list of Grammar Exercises
Test your knowledge of Phrasal Verbs