|PHRASAL VERBS with 'DOWN'|
Fill the gaps with the following verbs (in the correct form) and the particle 'DOWN':
close / cool / let / play / take
1. Nick promised to drive me to the airport but now he says he can't. It's not the first time he has ________ me ________ . He's so unreliable!
2. The soup is piping hot. Let it ________ down a bit before you start eating.
3. You can't put posters on this wall. ________ them ________ , please.
4. The little grocery shop on the corner is ________ ________ . It just can't compete any more with the big supermarkets.
5. Some say the government is ________ _______ the threat of an epidemic because they don't want to alarm people.
Now do the same with these verbs:
back / hand / knock / slow / turn
1. They offered Anya the job but she _________ it _________ because the pay was far too low.
2. They are using bulldozers to ________ ________ the dilapidated building and then they will build a college in its place.
3. Carole's gold necklace is a family heirloom. It used to belong to her great grandmother. One day she will ________ it ________ to her granddaughter.
4. You should ________ ________ . You're driving way above the speed limit.
5. The workers are demanding a seven per cent pay rise but the boss will only offer them three per cent. As he refuses to ________ ________ the workers have decided to strike.
More Phrasal Verb tests
General English Grammar Exercises
Business English Grammar Exercises