|PHRASAL VERBS with 'MAKE' and 'RUN'|
Fill the gaps with the phrasal verbs above..
1. The music in the disco was so loud that I couldn't ________ ________ what my friends were saying.
2. The film star ________ ________ a huge bill at the plush hotel where he stayed for a month.
3. Oliver _______ ________ from home when he was just fourteen and he has been living on the streets ever since.
4. Sam has been ill lately and so he has missed a lot of classes. His teachers have told him he'll need to work very hard to ________ ________ ________ all the lost time.
5. Paul and Ingrid are expecting a baby so they're going to have to ________ their studio ________a nursery.
6. Do you really believe Rachel's story about the time she met Brad Pitt? I bet she ________ it all ________ !
7. Can you lend me a pen? Mine has ________ ________ ________ ink.
8. The other day I ________ ________ an old friend of mine. What a surprise! I hadn't seen him for ages.
9. Jack's in hospital with a few broken ribs. He ________ his motorbike ________ a tree last night.
10. Robbers broke into the jewellery store on the high street during the night. They ________ ________ ________ items worth several thousands of pounds.
More Phrasal Verb exercises
|make into make off with make out make up make up for
run away run into run into run out of run up