|PRESENT PERFECT SIMPLE or CONTINUOUS?|
| Fill the gaps with the correct form of the verb in brackets.
1. "How long ____________________ (it / snow)?" - "Since late last night. I wonder when it will stop."
2. "You ____________________ (read) that book for ages. ___________________ (you / not finish) it yet?"
3. I have to top up my mobile phone again. I ____________________ (already / run out) of credit.
4. Sandra loves Bon Jovi. She ____________________ (see) them in concert more times than she can remember.
5. Our local football club is on fine form. They ____________________ (win) every match so far this season.
6. Patrick is starving. It's eleven already and he ____________________ (still / not have) breakfast. He
____________________ (try) to finish a project for university.
7. This is the first time we ____________________ (eat) at this restaurant. We ____________________ (mean) to
come here for a while but it was difficult to get a reservation.
8. Emma's got a bad headache. The builders in the apartment next door ____________________ (bang) and
____________________ (drill) for hours.
9. Oh no, I ____________________ (leave) my sports kit at home! I'm going to run home and get it.
10. The actors want a break. They ____________________ (rehearse) "Hamlet" all morning.
Present Simple or Continuous
Present Perfect or Past Simple Exercise 1; Exercise 2