Complete the following sentences with the correct alternative in italics.
1) Can you remember/remind me to collect my suit from the drycleaner's?
2) Arsenal beat/won Crystal Palace and so went into the final.
3) Tim's been quite ill lately, so he's lost/missed several lessons.
4) Oh dear! I think I forgot/left my coat on the train.
5) I've bought this marvellous face cream which avoids/prevents wrinkles. You should prove/try it!
6) I was so exhausted I could hard/hardly stay awake.
7) Raise/rise your hand if you know the answer.
8) It's not easy to raise/rise three young children alone/lonely.
9) The price of the course has raised/risen by over 25%.
10) Last night thieves robbed/stole the art gallery's most valuable painting.
11) Somebody robbed/stole our car last night.
12) Do you speak any languages beside/besides English?
CONFUSING WORDS (2)
More vocabulary tests:
Verbs: Test 1, Test 2, Test 3
Nouns: Test 1
Adjectives: Test 1, Test 2
|CONFUSING WORDS (1)|
|Full List of Spanish - English VOCABULARY CATEGORIES|