| I decided to look for a new job.
He enjoys playing football.
| Add the correct form of the verb in brackets.
1. I miss __________ tennis with him. (play)
2. Jane wants __________ to Paris in April. (go)
3. Her boss knew that she was pretending __________ ill. (be)
4. I don't feel like __________ today. (cook)
5. He managed __________ the report before he went home. (finish)
6. We agreed __________ them. (help)
7. Good news! I've given up __________ ! (smoke)
8. Do you fancy __________ to the cinema tonight? (go)
9. I haven't finished __________ the newspaper yet. (read)
10. I chose __________ instead of taking the car. (walk)
11. He promised __________ me a long letter. (write)
12. I'd avoid __________ the Underground today, if I were you. (take)
13. He spent four years __________ round South America. (travel)
14. We would love __________ dinner with you on Saturday. (have)
15. We can't risk __________ the later flight. (take)
16. "Where did you learn __________ the violin?"
- "My father taught me __________ . " (play, play)
17. The head teacher threatened __________ some of the students. (expel)
18. We weren't able to have our picnic as it kept __________ all day. (rain)
More practicewith verb patterns:
Exercise 2, Exercise 3; Exercise 5
NEW!!! - Exercise 4 (Special cases: verbs with a change of meaning, eg. forget, remember, regret, stop, etc)
Would you like to study the verb patterns before doing more exercises? :
Table of Verb Patterns
Fiesta ESL's Business Grammar Pages
Future: Will or Going to?
Prepositions of Place (At, In, On)
Question Tags (Advanced)
Common Phrasal Verbs in Business (carry out, close down, lay off, take on, etc)
General English grammar
Conditionals: First Conditional, Second Conditional, Third Conditional
|INFINITIVE OR GERUND? (1)|