|PHRASAL VERBS with 'OFF'|
call off cut off doze off go off
scare off show off tell off turn off
Fill the gaps with the phrasal verbs above.
1. I missed my train to work this morning as my alarm clock didn't _______ _______ .
2. I was so tired I _______ _______ during the movie and missed the end.
3. Last year's outbreak of food poisoning at the hotel has ________ _______ many of its guests from returning this summer.
4. Satisfied with the new pay offer, the workers have _______ _______ their strike.
5. Don't forget to _______ ________ the TV before you go to bed. You left it on last night.
6. Kevin's boss _______ him ________ for making so many phone private calls.
7. Helicopters brought supplies to the town which had been _______ _______ after a heavy snowstorm.
8. Although Lizzy's by far the best athlete in the school she's very modest and doesn't _______ _______ about it.
More phrasal verb exercises