| Put the past simple verbs into the present perfect continuous (long form).
She drank her coffee. She has been drinking her coffee.
Did I talk too much? Have I been talking too much?
1. They rang the bell.
2. I asked for help.
3. Did you study for the exam?
4. He painted the ceiling.
5. Did she work all night?
6. Did you take photos?
7. They washed the car.
8. She learnt French at school.
9. Did he listen to the radio?
10. I tried to phone all afternoon.
11. She wrote her autobiography.
12. Did he drive for over five hours?
13. We looked for the keys everywhere.
14. He had problems with his car.
15. The sun shone.
16. You ate the leftovers from the party.
17. Did we make too much noise?
18. We researched the illness.
19. Did they give free concerts?
20. Did I complain too much?
21. She thought about the future.
22. We considered buying a new house.
23. Did he visit his relatives?
24. She went to the beach every day.
25. They flew for sixteen hours.
26. I wrote loads of emails.
27. Did she sunbathe on the patio?
28. Did you use my car without asking?
29. We laughed so much.
30. Did it snow all night?
More conjugation exercises
IRREGULAR VERB DRILLS (1): Past Simple
IRREGULAR VERB DRILLS (2): Past Simple and Present Perfect Simple - Exercise A, Exercise B
More printable grammar exercises (General English, Business English)
Vocabulary Building exercises
Tips on how to improve your vocabulary
| VERB DRILLS (3):
PRESENT PERFECT CONTINUOUS