| Complete the sentences so that the meaning is similar to the first sentence.
I hope the bank will lend me a thousand pounds.
I want the bank to lend me a thousand pounds. *
We were surprised that Manchester United lost the match.
We didn't expect Manchester United to lose the match. *
1. We would be very happy if you came on holiday with us.
We would love _________________________
2. Kevin said that I could ride his horse.
Kevin allowed _________________________
3. I was surprised that the bill was so expensive.
I didn't expect _________________________
4. Don't let me forget to buy some more milk.
5. Jennifer hopes her boss will give her a payrise.
Jennifer wants __________________________
6. George said to me "Please don't worry".
George told _________________________
7. Dad said I must not go on my boyfriend's motorbike.
Dad forbid ___________________________
8. Shirley gave him singing lessons.
Shirley taught _________________________
Verb + Object + Infinitive (2); Verb + Preposition (1), Verb + Preposition (2)
Full list of Printable Grammar Exercises on Fiesta ESL
* WATCH OUT!
Spanish speakers often make this mistake when they try to
translate directly word for word: I want that the bank lends me....
|VERB + OBJECT + INFINITIVE (1)|
|Full List of Spanish - English VOCABULARY CATEGORIES|