|Using the verb + object + infinitive pattern, complete the sentences so that the meaning is similar to the first sentence.
I hope the bank will lend me a thousand pounds.
I want the bank to lend me a thousand pounds. *
We were surprised that Manchester United lost the match.
We didnīt expect Manchester United to lose the match. *
1. Don't let me forget to pay the gas bill.
Remind _________________________ .
2. "Can you help me carry my bag?" the little old woman asked me.
The little old woman asked _________________________ .
3. Their parents said that they couldn't go to the concert.
Their parents didn't allow _________________________ .
4. Luke hopes Brazil won't win the next World Cup.
Luke doesn't want _________________________ .
5. Ian's doctor said that he shouldn't drink so much.
Ian's doctor warned __________________________ .
6. We were suprised that he was given the job.
We didn't expect _________________________ .
7. At first I wasn't interested in going skiing but then Wilson persuaded me.
Wilson persuaded ___________________________ .
8. She was told that she shouldn't go swimming for the next week.
She was warned _________________________ .
9. "The company must pay 300,000 Euros in damages," said the judge.
The judge ordered _________________________ .
10. "Could you give a speech at our university?" the students asked me.
They invited _________________________ .
Verb + Object + Infinitive (1); Verb + Preposition (1), Verb + Preposition (2)
|VERB + OBJECT + INFINITIVE (2)|
|STUDY RESOURCES: Verb Pattern Tables|